In the world of nutrition, superfoods are like Marvel comic dietary heros.
Quinoa is like Superman himself — it provides all nine essential amino acids and packs a protein punch.
Chia seeds are like Wonder Woman — they might be small, but they are loaded with more essential fatty acids than any other plant. You also get magnesium, iron, calcium, and potassium.
Kale is the Green Lantern — it might take some willpower to eat kale, especially on its own, but, when you do, you hold incomprehensible power and ability.
And then there’s acai. This berry is the Spider-Man of superfoods — it can make its way into anything and make it taste more delicious. Plus, it’s jam-packed with antioxidants, fiber, heart-healthy fats, and calcium to help your body fight any Green Goblin that makes its way inside.
Acai and Healthy Eating
Acai (pronounced a-sigh-ee) is the fruit of acai palm trees from South American rainforests. These berries are small, but they are incredibly nutrient dense. In fact, they contain even more healthy antioxidants than raspberries, cranberries, blackberries, strawberries, or blueberries.
When you eat acai, you boost your intake of:
- Antioxidants: responsible for strong immune systems and protection against free radicals
- Fiber: in charge of healthy digestion and balanced blood sugar
- Omega-3 fatty acids: linked to a healthy heart and improved mood
- Calcium: integral to bone, heart, muscle, and nerve health.
In addition to providing loads of nutrients, acai is also very low-calorie. In fact, there are only about 70 calories in a full cup of acai berries.
If it seems too good to be true, that’s why it’s called a superfood.
Local Flow Health Bar Acai Bowls
Acai adds amazing flavor and nutrition density, so we include acai in many of our smoothie bowl options at Local Flow.
When it comes to our acai bowls, these three Local Flow menu options steal the show:
- The Wildcat — acai, banana, and apple juice with strawberries as the base. Topped with blueberries, granola, drizzled honey, and bee pollen.
- Green Machine — acai, granny smith apples, spirulina, spinach and kale as a base. Topped with blueberries, banana, granola, chia seeds, and bee pollen.
- The Sweet Tooth — acai, strawberries, banana, cacao, almond milk as the base. Topped with cacao nibs, strawberries, coconut shavings, granola, and drizzled honey.
Stop by Local Flow Health Bar today to try these acai bowls and other healthy eating options!
Our Healthy Eating Hub
Local Flow Health Bar is all about healthy eating without the pretentiousness. We offer nutrient-dense, delicious food because we see food as a type of medicine for the body. Including even just a few more healthy meals a week can greatly increase mood, energy, and general quality of life!
In addition to smoothie and acai bowls, we also make smoothies, toast, juices, and healthy lunch bowls.
Stop by Local Flow Health Bar today and let us prove to you that nutritious can indeed be delicious.
You can also call in your order at 971-261-2167 for a quick and healthy meal in McMinnville!